- “Hospital Closures and Maternal and Infant Health” accepted for publication at Health Services Research. (with Christine Durrance & Lisa Schulkind)
- "R&D, Market Power and the Cyclicality of Employment" 2023. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking. (with Uluc Aysun, Adam Honig and Zeynep Yom). https://doi.org/10.1111/jmcb.13091
- “The Effects of Pregnancy-Related Medicaid Expansions on Maternal, Infant, and Child Health.” 2023. Journal of Health Economics. Volume 87, 2023,102695, ISSN 0167-6296 (with Sarah Hamersma). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhealeco.2022.102695.
- "The Great Recession's Baby-less Recovery: The Role of Unintended Births" Journal of Human Resources, forthcoming. (with Kasey Buckles and Lucie Schmidt). DOI: https://doi.org/10.3368/jhr.1220-11395R3
Previously circulated as "Fertility Trends in the United States, 1980-2017: The Role of Unintended Births.": https://www.nber.org/papers/w25521.
- Supplemental Security Income for Children, Maternal Labor Supply, and Family Well-Being: Evidence from Birth Weight Eligibility Cut-Offs" Journal of Human Resources, forthcoming. (with Amelia Hawkins, Jeffrey Hemmeter, and Lucie Schmidt). DOI: https://doi.org/10.3368/jhr.0818-9654R2
Previously circulated as “Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and Child Outcomes: Evidence from Birth Weight Eligibility Cut-Offs”
- "The Global COVID-19 Student Survey: First Wave Results" Covid Economics: Vetted and Real-time Papers 79:152-217 (May 2021, not refereeed). (with Jaime Arellano-Bover, David Jaeger, Krzysztof Karbownik, Marta Martínez-Matute, John Nunley, R. Alan Seals, Miguel Almunia, Mackenzie Alston, Sascha O. Becker, Pilar Beneito, René Böheim José E. Boscá, Jessica H. Brown, Simon Chang, Deborah Cobb-Clark, Shooshan Danagoulian, Sandra Donnally, Marissa Eckrote-Nordland, Lídía Farré Javier Ferri, Margherita Fort, Jane Cooley Fruewirth, Rebecca Gelding, Allen C. Goodman, Simone Häckl, Janet Hankin, Scott Imberman, Joanna Lahey, Joan Llull, Hani Mansour, Isaac McFarlin, Jaakko Meriläinen, Tove Mortlund, Martin Nybom, Stephen D. OConnell, Rupert Sausgruber, Amy Ellen Schwarz, Jan Stuhler, Petra Thiemann, Roel van Veldhuizen, Marianne Wannamaker, and Maria Zhu)
Link to online appendix: http://www.djaeger.org/research/pubs/covid-economics-online-appendix.pdf
IZA working paper: https://www.iza.org/publications/dp/14419/the-global-covid-19-student-survey-first-wave-results
- Body Weight and Internet Access: Evidence from the Rollout of Broadband Providers" Journal of Population Economics, 2019, 32: 877–913. (with David Simon and Michael DiNardi) https://doi.org/10.1007/s00148-018-0709-9
- "Maybe Next Month? Temperature Shocks and Dynamic Adjustments in Birth Rates " Demography, August 2018, 55(4):1269–1293. (with Alan Barreca and Olivier Deschenes) https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13524-018-0690-7
(working paper version: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2676902)
- "Worth the Wait? The Effect of Early Term Birth on Maternal and Infant Health " Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Fall 2017, 36(4): 748-772. (with Kasey Buckles) https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/pam.22014
(IZA working paper 10082 http://ftp.iza.org/dp10082.pdf)
- "Offline Effects of Online Connecting: The Impact of Broadband Diffusion on Teen Fertility Decisions", Journal of Population Economics, January 2017, 30(1): 69–91. (with Chris Herbst) http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00148-016-0605-0
earlier version: http://ftp.iza.org/dp9076.pdf
- "Title IX and the Education of Teen Mothers", Economics of Education Review, Volume 55, December 2016, Pages 103–116. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0272775716305234
- "Maternal Bed Rest and Infant Health" The American Journal of Health Economics, Summer 2015, Vol. 1, No. 3, Pages 345-373. (with Christine Piette Durrance) http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/AJHE_a_00021#.Vi9snHTD_IU
- "Recent Evidence on the Broad Benefits of Reproductive Health Policy" Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol 32(4): 888-896, Autumn 2013. (with Martha J. Bailey and Brad J. Hershbein) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pam.21710/full
- "Further Evidence on the Internal Validity of the Early Legal Access Research Design" Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol 32(4): 899-904, Autumn 2013. (with Martha J. Bailey and Brad J. Hershbein) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pam.21716/full
- "Saving Babies? Revisiting the effect of very low birth weight classification,” The Quarterly Journal of Economics 126(4), 2011(with Alan I. Barreca, Jason Lindo, and Glen R. Waddell). http://qje.oxfordjournals.org/content/126/4/2117.full.pdf+html
- “Changing the Price of Marriage: Evidence from Blood Test Requirements." Journal of Human Resources, Summer 2011, 46(3): 539–567. (with Kasey Buckles and Joe Price).https://muse.jhu.edu/journals/journal_of_human_resources/v046/46.3.buckles.pdf
- “Fertility Effects of Abortion and Pill Access for Minors” Demography, Volume 45, Number 4, November 2008, pp. 817-827. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1353%2Fdem.0.0026
- “Exchange Rate Exposure: A Nonparametric Approach”, Emerging Markets Review, 12(4): 321-337. (with Uluc Aysun). http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1566014111000422
- “Derivatives Market Activity in Emerging Markets and Foreign Exchange Exposure,” Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 47(6), 46-67. (with Uluc Aysun). http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/70607678/derivatives-market-activity-emerging-markets-exchange-rate-exposure
- “Taxes, Transfers, and Women’s Labor Supply in the United States” in Handbook on Women and the Economy, Oxford University Press, Edited by Susan L. Averett, Laura M. Argys, and Saul D. Hoffman, Oxford University Press, 2018. (with Lucie Schmidt). http://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780190628963.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780190628963-e-18
- "Is There a Case for a 'Second Demographic Transition'? Three Distinctive Features of the Post-1960 U.S. Fertility Decline" in Human Capital in History: The American Record in honor of Claudia Goldin; Leah P. Boustan, Carola Frydman, and Robert A. Margo, editors, University of Chicago Press, 2014. (with Martha J. Bailey and Brad J. Hershbein).
- “A Survey of the Literature on Early Legal Access to the Birth Control Pill and its Influence on Young Women’s Fertility, Education, Career and Labor Supply” in Research Handbook in the Law and Economics of the Family, edited by Lloyd R. Cohen and Joshua D. Wright, Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, 2011. http://www.elgaronline.com/view/9781848444379.00016.xml
- “Family Background and Children’s Transitions to Adulthood: Across Cohort Differences 1970s through the 1990s” in The Price of Independence: The Economics of Early Adulthood, edited by Sheldon Danziger and Cecilia Rouse, New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 2007. (with Marianne Page and Ann Stevens). http://transitions.s410.sureserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/guldi.pdf
- “Public Transfer Payment Timing and Traffic Fatalities” (with Angela Dills) Working Paper Available upon request.
- “Health Effects of Changes in the Air Medical Service Market” (with Elizabeth Munnich and Steven Talbert). Working paper Available upon request.
- "Little Divergence in America — Market Access and Demographic Transition in the United States" (with Ahmed Rahman) IZA Working Paper No. 15215: https://docs.iza.org/dp15215.pdf.
- “Early Legal Access: Laws and Policies Governing Contraceptive Access, 1960-1980. Working Paper” 2011 (with Martha Bailey, Erin Buzuvis, and Allison Davido). Working paper available upon request.
Works in Progress
- “Effects of Craigslist Market Entry on Fertility Outcomes” (with Scott Cunningham and Christine Durrance)
- “SSI and Labor Supply” (with Amelia Hawkins, Jeffrey Hemmeter, and Lucie Schmidt)
- “Plan B and Obesity” (with Jason Lindo and Michael DiNardi)
Other Publications (not refereed)
Durrance, C.P, Guldi, M. (2015). AJHE NewsBrief: Maternal Bed Rest and Infant Health. American Society of Health Economists Newsletter. Issue 2015:2. http://ashecon.org/2015/12/newsletter/v2015n2i4/